- Awards: Dr. Chuan Huang, PhD, received a grant from Walk-for-Beauty foundation to study breast cancer
- MIRA lab publishes six Journal papers so far in 2018
- MIRA lab member, Jie Ding, received Abstract Award (graduate student group), Stony Brook Women in Medicine Research Day, 2018
- MIRA lab member, Jie Ding, will give an oral presentation on DCE-MRI based radiomic signature in the 2018 annual meeting of ISMRM at Paris in June 2018
- Dr. Huang was recently awarded 2017 Outstanding Reviewer Award by IOP Publishing
"This award is given to a very small number of reviewers who are judged by our editorial teams to have provided exceptional service to the journal during the year."
- A recent work was selected as the cover and featured article of Medical Physics (Volume 42, Issue 7, 2015 July)
- A recent work of Dr. Huang was highlighted in Dr. James Thrall's 2015 Annual Oration in Diagnostic Radiology.
"The early experience with PET/MR
imaging has been less compelling in
some respects, but unique advantages
are being recognized and exploited.
Huang and colleagues have shown that
correcting for the motion of organs using
MR data allows the anatomic point
of origin of positrons to be more accurately
located, resulting in PET images
with substantially improved spatial resolution
(8). The method is being developed
for application in cardiothoracic
and abdominal imaging."
- A recent work of Dr. Huang was featured in a press release of the 2013 annual meeting of SNMMI. http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=12679