You be the historian...
* List two primary documents.
* Name three things that were probably carried on the Jacob S. Ellis. How are these things transported today?
* What did Carrie Davis do for fun? What did she do as work?
* Describe the roles of Carrie's family in this family business.
* How did Carrie's voyages differ from those of Martha Brown, Mary Swift and Mary Rowland? How were they the same?
* Find an unfamiliar word in either Carrie's diary or the letter to her mother. Do some research to find out what this word means.