You be the historian...
* Name three dangers that Mary Rowland encountered on shipboard.
* Which of one is missing from the photograph of her children? Why?
* Can you find a secondary source?
* When was Mary born? When did she die? How old was she in 1860? Does the information on the census and on her gravestone match? (You'll need to do some math).
* List some of the cargo that the Rowlands carried, and some of the ports that they went to.
* What is a census? Ask your parents about the census that took place in 2000. How is it different than the census taken in 1860? How is it the same?