Bachelor's Degree - (August 2013 - Present)
Stony Brook University - New York
Major: Applied Math and Statistics (AMS)
Minor: Computer Science (CSE)
Major GPA: 3.65 (As of Fall 2015)
Office Assistant - (October 2014 - present)
The Confucius Institute at Stony Brook University
- Designing, coding, modifying, and maintaining the Confucius Institute Official website. http://www.stonybrook.edu/confucius/
- Designing posters and programs for upcoming events. Click here to see some of my designs.
- Planning events from conception to completion: Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits; Ensure compliance with insurance, legal and safety obligations; Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders; Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Assists in resolving problems, answering phone calls, and translating documents. Processes forms or applications to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Teaching Assistant - (Winter 2015, Winter 2016)
Department of Applied Math and Statistics at Stony Brook University
- Holding office hours to assist students with the understanding of coursework.
- Teaching lectures during the absence of the professor.
- Holding review sessions before exams and grading homeworks.
Volunteer and Community Experience:
Vice President - (December 2013 - December 2015)
Chinese Students and Scholars Association(CSSA) at Stony Brook University
- Instituted new marketing plane to overhaul recruitment practices resulting in 50% increase in membership.
- Organized 2013-2015 Chinese New Year Celebration and 2013-2014 Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration, with over 500 participants.
- Initiated several freshmen-benefited programs including "New Student Guild Book Editing" program and "Online Information Session" program.
Volunteer Teacher- (Summer 2014, 120 hours)
Dandelion school in Beijing, China
- Teach 12-13 years old children English.
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Grade students’ assignments to monitor progress.
- Supervise students outside of the classroom — at lunchtime or during detention.
- Microsoft softwares: Publisher, Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Adobe softwares: Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamweaver;
- Language Skills: Chinese(Native), English;
- Dean's List (Fall 2013, Fall 2015)